You are hereBack to top
Information Assurance Handbook: Effective Computer Security and Risk Management Strategies (Paperback)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Best practices for protecting critical data and systems
Information Assurance Handbook: Effective Computer Security and Risk Management Strategies discusses the tools and techniques required to prevent, detect, contain, correct, and recover from security breaches and other information assurance failures. This practical resource explains how to integrate information assurance into your enterprise planning in a non-technical manner. It leads you through building an IT strategy and offers anorganizational approach to identifying, implementing, and controlling information assurance initiatives for small businesses and global enterprises alike.
Common threats and vulnerabilities are described and applicable controls based on risk profiles are provided. Practical information assurance application examples are presented for select industries, including healthcare, retail, and industrial control systems. Chapter-endingcritical thinking exercises reinforce the material covered. An extensive list of scholarly works and international government standards is also provided in this detailed guide.
Comprehensive coverage includes:
- Basic information assurance principles and concepts
- Information assurance management system
- Current practices, regulations, and plans
- Impact of organizational structure
- Asset management
- Risk management and mitigation
- Human resource assurance
- Advantages of certification, accreditation, and assurance
- Information assurance in system development and acquisition
- Physical and environmental security controls
- Information assurance awareness, training, and education
- Access control
- Information security monitoring tools and methods
- Information assurance measurements and metrics
- Incident handling and computer forensics
- Business continuity management
- Backup and restoration
- Cloud computing and outsourcing strategies
- Information assurance big data concerns
About the Author
Corey Schou, Ph.D., is a fellow and vice chairperson of (ISC)2, the University Professor of Informatics and professor of computer science at Idaho State University, and the director of the Informatics Research Institute and the National Information Assurance Training and Education Center (NIATEC). Steven Hernandez, MBA, CISSP, is the chief information security officer for the Office of Inspector General at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).