You are hereBack to top
Windows 8.1: Out of the Box (Paperback)
Get a real feel for Windows 8.1 with a wealth of tips in this step-by-step guide. After using Windows 7 or XP, learning Microsoft's latest operating system takes some adjustment. Never fear. Windows expert Mike Halsey starts with the basics and then takes you through the trickier parts of Microsoft's latest operating system. You'll quickly learn how to make the most of Windows 8 for work and entertainment, whether you use a touchscreen tablet, a laptop, or a PC with a keyboard and mouse.
- Easily navigate the intuitive Windows 8.1 interface
- Use email and the Internet--and keep your family safe
- Share files online or with other devices in your home
- Download and use all kinds of of apps and programs
- Watch movies and listen to music
- Import, view, and edit your own photos and videos
- Learn how to use extra hardware and older software
- Get expert tips to keep your computer running smoothly
- Discover cool stuff that makes computer use really easy
About the Author
Mike Halsey is a Microsoft MVP (Windows Expert). He has worked for many years in IT support, and is a technical beta tester for Microsoft. He is the author of Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Out.