You are hereBack to top
Leading with Intention: Eight Areas for Reflection and Planning in Your Plc at Work(r) (40+ Educational Leadership Practices You Can Use in Yo (Paperback)
With foreword by Douglas Reeves
As a school leader, your influence and impact on students, staff, and families is beyond measure. Designed as a guide and reflective tool, Leading With Intention will help focus your invaluable everyday work. The authors provide in-depth advice and actionable steps for creating a highly effective school culture that supports collaborative leadership and teaching, evidence-based decision making, and the belief that students are the top priority.
Effective school leadership practices for building leadership capacity and furthering your professional development:
- Explore eight interrelated areas of school leadership that will assist you in becoming a more synergistic leader.
- Explore four concepts essential to your work in leading schools: collaboration, a shared leadership model, evidence-based decision-making, and a focus on learning.
- Learn how to enhance student achievement in your school or district with the Professional Learning Communities at Work(TM) (PLC) process.
- Acquire 40+ specific instructional leadership actions you can put into practice immediately.
- Access educational leadership reflection questions and downloadable reproducibles designed to support your instructional leadership development.
Introduction: Using Your Great Power as a Leader Chapter 1: Achieving Focus and Staying Intentional Chapter 2: Establishing and Maintaining Organization Chapter 3: Building Shared Leadership Chapter 4: Using Evidence for Decision Making and Action Chapter 5: Prioritizing the Student Chapter 6: Leading Instruction Chapter 7: Fostering Communication Chapter 8: Developing Community and Relationships Afterword: Creating the Future References and Resources